OP - Viaggiare nell’Oglio Po
it
en
   |    Local action group Oglio Po water lands
cerca

Gabbioneta Binanuova

Some historians attribute Roman origins to Gabbioneta. In the Middle Ages Gabbioneta Binanuova had its own castle, as in many communes of the Oglio valley (a border area, with battles and struggles for the possession of the river banks). Even the name Binanuova links to the river Oglio: "bina" is the term that indicated a dam made of tree trunks, like a lock that diverted water from the river and supply the mills. Gabbioneta has two churches: the parish church, dedicated to St. Ambrose, built in "provostship" in 1677, and an oratory dedicated to the Blessed Virgin of Caravaggio of seventeenth century origin. Binanuova now has two churches: the parish church dedicated to Saint Martin of Tours and St. Nicholas and the chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Patronage, but better known as "the church of San Rocco." The municipality has an area of important natural interest: the oxbow of Gabbioneta (Sites of Community Importance-Special Protection Zones).

           
Address
Via Libertà, 5
Contact details
Tel. +39 0372 844314
Web site
http://www.comune.gabbionetabinanuova.cr.it

    Where to eat and where to sleep
  • Ristorante Osteria della Gatta Tartaruga
    Address: Via Mazzini, 7

    Tel.: +39 0372 843060


  • Trattoria Ferrari
    Address: via XX Settembre, 11

    Tel.: +39 0372 844417