OP - Viaggiare nell’Oglio Po
it
en
   |    Local action group Oglio Po water lands
cerca

The Jewish cemetery in Viadana

Together with the Via Bonomi synagogue, The Jewish cemetery located in Via Paraluppa in Viadana represents the last evidence of the presence of a Judaic community formed at the beginning of the 15th century and there settled until the second half of the 20th century.  At least from the second half of the 15th century the local community had to be so consistent to require an authorization from the local authorities to build a Synagogue and a burial site, which are clearly not the ones still existing. As for the old cemetery, documents from the late 16th century may demonstrate that also the original building was located in the same place and that in fact, in 1580 an extension was required to deal with the increase of the Jewish community

     

    Towns