OP - Viaggiare nell’Oglio Po
it
en
   |    Local action group Oglio Po water lands
cerca

Sanctuary of San Fortunato

The Sanctuary of San Fortunato martyr dates back to 1638. The body of the saint to whom the sanctuary is dedicated is kept in a sarcophagus, while a baroque silver reliquary holds a particle of his blood. The interior decoration dates back to the eighteenth century and is the work of the Cremonese Gallo Gallina. Two important paintings by Bazzani are preserved inside: a "Madonna and Saints" of 1750 and a "S. Fortunato” depicted a little later. Also noteworthy is a gilded wooden anchor of 1651.