OP - Viaggiare nell’Oglio Po
it
en
   |    Local action group Oglio Po water lands
cerca

Parish church of San Zenone

The most important religious testimony is provided by the church of San Zenone. Built in the eighteenth century on the site of a pre-existing fifteenth-century building, it underwent several changes over the years. Consisting of a single nave, the façade of three orders is decorated with a fresco depicting the titular saint. The large and significant altarpiece, designed in 1700 by the great Veronese painter Giorgio Anselmi, depicting the Glory of St. Zeno, is representative of his best works. In the beautiful city of Mantua, Anselmi painted the famous Basilica of St. Andrew and the Hall of the Rivers in the Ducal Palace. Further important works are housed inside, including Our Lady by Ghisilina, a famous Cremonese painter of the eighteenth century.