OP - Viaggiare nell’Oglio Po
it
en
   |    Local action group Oglio Po water lands
cerca

Church of the Friars

The Church of the Friars, in exposed brick, was built in the era before the construction of the monastery. The striking brick façade dates from 1489, but features hanging arches of purely Romanesque design and pinnacles on the tympanum, as well as a central rose window. Inside the church there is a white marble plaque, carved with the date of consecration: 14 February. The brick bell tower of the ancient structures (XIII – XIV centuries) remains, with smooth rounded spire and double lancet windows.