OP - Viaggiare nell’Oglio Po
it
en
   |    Local action group Oglio Po water lands
cerca

Church of St. Anthony Abbot

Preceded by a monument to Don Enrico Tazzoli, the priest who lead the Martyrs of Belfiore, born here in 1812, the parish church appears in its original recovered form, once hidden by eighteenth century restoration. Built in 1390 on an older church (as shown in the frescoes inside the church tower, dating from the first half of the century), the church has a simple exterior, in contrast with the richly decorated chapels and the presbytery. There are also some votive frescoes of the late 1400s and wooden sculptures of the early 1500s.