OP - Viaggiare nell’Oglio Po
it
en
   |    Local action group Oglio Po water lands
cerca

The “Mot” – Cavalca Farmstead

This locality is the oldest nucleus of Casteldidone, described in 1309 as a "village delimited by a moat with a fortified tower.” The tower was composed of the upper part of the Cavalca house that has towards the east, a 15th-century cornice, and also belonging to the same era, is the wide corridor with a ribbed ceiling. Visible from the south, the ancient loggia with cotto columns with smoothened capitals and ogival arches are certainly attributable to the Lombard Gothic style. The castle was used as a house in the 17th century, that is, a farmstead, as testified to by the precise square shapes and the two entrances, opening out to the columbarium fields. 

           
Locality
Casteldidone