OP - Viaggiare nell’Oglio Po
it
en
   |    Local action group Oglio Po water lands
cerca

Mauro Pagano Civic Theatre

The building of the neoclassical Social Theatre, today the Mauro Pagano Civic Theatre, was erected between 1825 and 1827. It was inaugurated in December 1827 with the representation of two musical works. After World War II it underwent radical changes, to cater for large audiences and to adapt it for use as a cinema. During the 70s the Social Theatre reduced its activity, until it eventually closed. In 1978 the building was sold to the town, changing name: Social became Civic. In 1990, the Civic Theatre was dedicated to Mauro Pagano of Canneto, set and costume designer of international fame, who died prematurely.